Friday, July 17, 2009

The Beach Boys

Probably the most adorable band that has ever existed is The Beach Boys. I mean, think about it. The music in all of their songs sounds like a merry-go-round, and they sing about adorable things like cuddling and surfing and being happy and doing nothing at the beach all day!


Of course, having been born in Orange County (I'm hardcore), I have to like The Beach Boys. I have known all of the words to "California Girls" since forever, and they even say in the song that California girls are "the cutest girls in the world." I am by no means above flattery, so just that lyric alone could win me over. But even a Midwest farmer's daughter like María, who lives nowhere near an ocean and doesn't even particularly LIKE the beach, can appreciate the adorableness of The Beach Boys.


One of my favorite songs of theirs is "Wouldn't It Be Nice," because it is just so insanely cute! Like when they sing, Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up/ in the morning when the day is new/ and after having spent the day together/ hold each other close the whole night through? Cute, cute, cute! If your heart did not melt a little after reading that, you are even more soulless than María and I, and frankly, I am impressed. But also, shame on you! The adorableness of The Beach Boys is undeniable, end of story.

Love, Jillian

P.S. Cub's cover of "Surfer Girl" is just as adorable as the original version!

1 comment:

  1. Brian Wilson did not know how to surf. It is the greatest irony in musical history.

    ReplyDelete