Sunday, June 7, 2009

Camping and Big Sur

I feel like Big Sur and camping go together, because camping is super-fun and everything in Big Sur is super-adorable! I know that a lot of people don't like camping, but I think that's just because they don't know how much fun it is to pitch a tent and frolic in the woods or a creek (or both!) and build a bonfire. Plus, a lot of campgrounds have showers and plumbing, so you don't even have to be dirty!


I admit, I used to be one of those people, but only because the one time my dad took me camping, it poured the whole weekend and we left early because he hates camping even if it's not raining. But then I went on a road trip to San Francisco with three friends the summer before my senior year of high school, and we camped one night in Big Sur (all of these pictures are of Big Sur), and it was adorable!

Big Sur is the part of the central California coast where the San Lucia Mountains basically come straight up out of the ocean. When we drove up to San Francisco, we took Highway 1 just so that we could drive through Big Sur, because the highway winds back and forth along the coast right above the ocean. It's scary, because if you go off the road, you'll pretty much die, but it's adorable because it is probably the most beautiful drive ever! Plus, Big Sur is full of adorable campgrounds and even has some expensive hotels with amazing views!


Whenever I think of camping, I think of Big Sur, and I start making mental lists of different people that I could possibly convince to drive up to Big Sur and stock up on fruit at Casa de Fruta (super-adorable, giant fruit stand in Hollister, CA) and sing along with adorable music and frolic in the woods with me! Hopefully I'll get to do it again soon.

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment