Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rewarding Myself With Online Shopping

Today was basically the most exhausting day of my life. First of all, I woke up inside my Arizona Green Tea bottle, and I've decided that even though I don't hate the color, I don't love it either, and true love is really important to me in regard to things like paint color. So, I am definitely repainting it, and my tentative color choice is a really pale yellow. This means that, because of the combination of the Asian characters that some former resident painted on the windows in my door and the color of my walls and the rice cooker and Japanese, chef's knife I have hidden in my closet and the fact that I live here, my room will basically become a four-walled Asian joke. It also means that I will have to put on like two coats of primer, which I am not happy about.

But! Back to my day. I'm back at Bryn Mawr early to train the new, baby freshmen at the cafe, and I'm also here to train to become a T.A. for the Italian department! That means that every second of my life is scheduled until classes start on Monday. Today, I went to work at 7:30 (which felt like 4:30 because I haven't gotten used to the time zone yet), then I got off at 9 and went straight to the T.A. training session, which I had to leave at 10:30 to go to the Academic Fair for all three hours and tell new, baby freshmen about how awesome it is to take Italian and almost lose my voice in the process. When that was over and everyone else went to lunch at 1:30, I had to go back to the T.A. training session, because they were just getting back from lunch at 1:30, and then I was there until 4 when I met with the new Italian professor so that she could fill me in on what I'd missed while I was at the Academic Fair.

Basically what I'm saying is that I really think I earned some sort of not-entirely-necessary online purchase, and this is what I bought!

Kimchi Blue Stripe Floral Fit N Flare Tunic

Deena & Ozzy Suede Zip Bootie

I also bought myself a pair of rain boots, but I actually need those. And, now that I have this dress coming, I will have to buy some more hangers. Right now I have exactly the right amount of hangers for all of my dresses (including all six grey dresses--I have no shame) and jackets and blouses and skirts, but once that dress arrives, I will be one hanger short, and wrinkled dresses are not adorable! Hopefully it will all get here soon and it will be just as adorable in person!

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment