Monday, August 31, 2009

It's A Wonderful Life and the Charleston!

Last night when I was watching the newest episode of Mad Men with María, there was a scene where everyone is at a party and dancing and they do the Charleston!! I basically instantly started freaking out in the Campus Center because the Charleston is the dance they do in It's A Wonderful Life and then the gym floor opens up and everyone falls into the pool and George and Mary fall in love and it is the most adorable thing ever! Now that I've seen that dance in It's A Wonderful Life AND in Mad Men, I obviously have to learn how to do it so that my life can be perfect.


It's A Wonderful Life is one of my favorite movies of all time, and it is the most adorable movie ever because it is full of happiness and cute things and Christmas-y goodness and James Stewart and my family always watches it every Christmas, because that is what everyone should do. If you haven't seen it, regardless of whether or not you actually celebrate Christmas, shame on you! And shame on your parents for not making you watch it as a child! If you are one of the people who hasn't seen it, or even if you have, watch this scene because it is the dancing scene and also probably my favorite scene in the whole movie! Start it at the 3:10 mark and you'll see what I mean.



Doesn't it look like the most adorable movie ever?!! The correct answer is, "YES!!!" I am probably going to watch this movie tonight, because I own it on DVD and because I haven't watched it in a while and because it is never too early to start watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music! Even if you don't own it, the whole thing is on YouTube, so go watch it anyway!

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment