Friday, February 13, 2009

Eighties Dresses

I know that the eighties are kind of a touchy subject, because there are definitely plenty of not-adorable things that came out of the eighties and won't go away.  But good things happened in the eighties, too.  María and I were born, and later went on to create this blog to bring adorableness to the world.  And lots and lots of polka dot dresses were made and are now living in thrift stores and vintage clothing stores, waiting for me to find them.  I found this one the other day in Philly and I am going to wear it tonight!  You can't really see the little black polka dots all over it, but they're there.


It kind of reminds me of my old prom dress, because both dresses come from the eighties, both dresses have polka dots, and both dresses are fluffy and adorable, but my prom dress was even more amazing because it only cost me $17 and turned out really nicely once I had the giant poufy sleeves with huge white bows on them taken off.


This picture makes me miss Barbara, my adorable mini van who lives in California, but that's another post.

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment