Monday, September 14, 2009

Restaurant Week: Xochitl

Last night was the first night of Restaurant Week, and I can't believe that I didn't discover this sooner! María and I went to Xochitl, and brought Melissa , Julia, and Anisha with us. It was basically perfect, delicious, Mexican wonderfulness. The whole restaurant is adorable and the walls downstairs where we ate are painted the same blue that everyone's apartment is painted in Adam.

First of all, when we walked in they were playing "Eres Para Mí," which is a super-cute song by Julieta Venegas. I don't think we've made a post about her yet, but we've mentioned her and posted two of her videos and she is adorable and María and I love her. Then, everything I ate at Xochitl was really delicious, and I'm pretty sure that María approved as well, and she is pretty critical of Mexican food.

Xochitl's Restaurant Week menu has four courses, and you have a choice of three or four different things for each course. And María and I got completely different things for each course, without even planning it that way, so we ate all sorts of delicious things! My favorite part was dessert, so that is what I am going to post pictures of. I have pictures of every course, but that would make this the longest blog post ever!


María & Tres Leches

Me & Churros y Chocolate

Julia & Pan de Chocolate

And at the end, they gave us each a $10 gift card to come back! I definitely want to. Our next reservation is on Friday night, so get ready for more adorableness from Philly Restaurant Week!

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment