Saturday, September 26, 2009

Park Ave.

This post is funny since I never thought I'd be writing a blogpost about Park Ave. EVER. Posting lyrics on my LJ back in high school doesn't count. But here I am, writing this blogpost. Here's why: I really like/hate Park Ave. and it's this weird thing that makes me feel like it should be a secret and like I am a really sad 15 year old girl. At some point, I liked them for exactly that reason. I was a sad teenage girl who needed to write about her feelings. Plus Omaha was so close, but so far. Again, life was hard! I mean, remember when everyone was either really in love with Conor Oberst or just wanted to kill him? Everything was so complicated.


Now I like Park Ave. because the songs almost make me giggle. I am positive that they are pretty horrible and probably not very cute. Also, this is crazy, but at the back of my mind, I have this weird fear that my life will turn out like the song "She Teaches Art?" or just a combination of a bunch of Park Ave. songs. Scary. Anyway, the cute part of all this, isn't so much Park Ave. as it's just all the silly memories I have about listening to them. Like how at 14 I was sure that being 20 would end up being incredibly heartbreaking, but that just meant that I had to paint my room a horrible turquoise color and wear really adorable seafoam flats that looked like they were made of foam. They were precious though. Also, as much as I love writing posts about really adorable things like gumdrops and pink ponies, I think sometimes I want to write sillier posts. Plus, even if they're not cute, that's fine, it's not like I'm writing a post about Commander Venus.

Love, MarĂ­a

No comments:

Post a Comment