Saturday, September 12, 2009

Lisa Loeb and Laundry

I've been sick for the past couple of days. It was totally not fun and I feel like the taste of cold medicine will never leave my mouth. Gross. But since I'm feeling tons better today and couldn't sleep, I woke up and decided to do laundry. Right before I was actually completely awake though, Lisa Loeb's "Stay (I Missed You)" began playing and I remembered how much I love that song. I spent a lot of time wishing I was Lisa Loeb, I mean I'm pretty sure I'm still sort of wishing for that. She is just super adorable in a very 90s I want to wear velvet mini dresses sort of way. I also like listening to Lisa Loeb because I begin to think of how I spent a large part of my life thinking I was definitely going to end up with Jordan Catalano or Troy Dyer. Sick, right? It makes me laugh.

Anyway, now I'm just sitting in my room reading blogs and waiting for the rest of my laundry to be done. I love doing laundry. Perhaps it doesn't sound cute to other people, but I think it's really nice. It's really relaxing and makes me feel a lot better about my day, especially if I do it right at the beginning or right at the end of the day. The only thing I don't like about laundry is socks, but that doesn't matter because I own maybe 6 pairs of socks. I also like how accomplished I feel after doing just my laundry even if it's nothing compared to the ridiculous amounts of clothes I wash when I'm at home and do everyone's laundry. Plus, after doing laundry, my room smells super clean and it's just really nice.

I'll leave you with this video while I go back to folding clothes.


Love, MarĂ­a

No comments:

Post a Comment