Friday, October 9, 2009

Puppies and Stairs

Fall break has officially begun! This means that I have almost a whole week to sleep and slack off and be on Bryn Mawr's campus when it is even more deserted than usual, and then like two days at the end of the week where I freak out and don't sleep and do all of the work that I should have spread out over the entire ten-day break. Yay!

But that is not the point. Right now I am waiting in my room to go into Philly to go to this restaurant in the Northern Liberties. It is supposed to be delicious, and I am supposed to be going with a bunch of people, but I am still waiting to hear about which train we are taking. It is already 6:30 and I am starving, and anyone who knows me knows that I do not deal well with being hungry. I am even hungrier because this restaurant has Reuben sandwiches, and so all I have been thinking about since yesterday is how much I want corned beef.

There are two things right now that are keeping me from freaking out and going insane with hunger: the left-over cookies I took when I closed the cafe today (they are delicious, but they are a poor substitute for corned beef), and this precious video of a tiny little Corgi puppy trying to go down some stairs!



IS THAT NOT THE MOST PRECIOUS THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN?!!?! It reminds me of when we first got Chelsea and she had never seen stairs before, so she refused to go upstairs for like the first week we had her. Plus, anything that can make me giggle when I am about to go into a hunger-induced rage must be incredibly adorable. I need that puppy! As soon as I have my own house, I am going to get a puppy. And a kitten. And a giant refrigerator full of corned beef for sandwiches.

Love, Jillian

2 comments:

  1. ahahaha i have totally seen that video before because i spend way too much time wishing i had a dog that wasn't dead. also, stop talking about C.B! Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you are crazy, corned beef is delicious.

    ReplyDelete