Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Bakery House!

This morning, I got up early ("early," as in, before eleven) and walked in to Bryn Mawr to go to The Bakery House! It is this super adorable bakery at 640 W Lancaster Ave. that is full of cupcakes and cakes and cookies and banana bread and candy apples and all sorts of things that will probably give you cavities, but will also make you really happy!


I didn't even know The Bakery House existed until Liz drove us there last spring to buy cupcakes for the garden party that MarĂ­a and I gave (it was adorable, but we were too busy dying from how disgustingly hot it was to take pictures), and now I am in love! We are having a fall tea (basically a little gathering of Italian students and professors and anyone who is interested in the Italian department) TODAY, and I bought cupcakes from The Bakery House! They are going to be delicious, and I am probably going to have to cut them all in half so that everyone can have some, but it will still totally be worth it.

And now I will shamelessly advertise: if you are reading this and you go to Bryn Mawr or Haverford and you are remotely interested in Italian and/or eating free cookies and cupcakes with me, come to the tea! It's at 4:30 in the London Room in Thomas!

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment