Monday, October 5, 2009

Lollipop

Ever since we started hanging out last semester, my friend Melissa has slowly but surely been sucking me into her obsession with all things Korean. I was able to resist when all we really did was watch Boys Over Flowers (I love the show, but it didn't make me want to fill my life with Korean pop culture), but when she introduced me to Korean pop music, I finally had to give in.

A perfect example of this is what I did yesterday. After going to brunch, I went to the library and did work for two hours. Then, I decided to go to the cafe and take a little break. I wrote my blog post about St. Vincent, talked to all of the cafe people who were hanging out in the cafe (we are all always there even when we are not working), and then I watched the video for "Lollipop" (2NE1, featuring BIGBANG) over and over for a full hour. I know, I am sick. But just look at how adorable it is!!



How can I possibly resist?! It is full of adorable, pretty girls dancing around in crazy neon clothes in front of a weird rainbow background. Perfect! I want my life to be just like that. Plus, I am kind of developing a crush on the one guy from BIGBANG who wears those really thick-rimmed glasses for part of the video. I also kind of like the one who has the little origami squares on his shirt during his little solo-thing. And now every time I am on my computer, I cannot resist the temptation to watch at least one 2NE1 music video. It is just like being in elementary school again, and being obsessed with the Spice Girls! MarĂ­a and Melissa and I have each already picked our favorites.

The moral of this story is really that K-Pop is super addictive, and you should probably just stay away if you want to have any free time ever again. I guess I should have put that at the beginning of the post, because if you just watched the video for "Lollipop," you are definitely already hooked.

Love, Jillian

1 comment: