Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tuca Tuca

Because I am sad that my pilates class got canceled, and because I need to do something to take my attention away from the giant and terrifying bug that is currently smashed under one of my favorite shoes that I am afraid to move (the whole story is too terrifying for this blog and made me freak out in a way that is reminiscent of the time that my dog chased a squirrel into my house), I am going to make a post about this adorable video for a song I already kind of wrote about!

In my Pink Martini post, I mentioned that one of their songs in Italian was this precious song called "Tuca Tuca." Well, at that point, I had only really listened to it once or twice, and I hadn't really listened to the lyrics or fully appreciated its adorableness. But now I have! I did a little bit of research, and found that it is actually a cover of a Raffaella Carrà song with the same name and there is a dance that goes with it! Basically, the song is about a dance that was made up to go with the song (confusing).

Doing the "Tuca Tuca" ("Toca Toca" in standard Italian, or "Touch Touch" in English) dance requires you kind of tap the person you're dancing with on their knees, waist, shoulders, and face, and it is supposed to mimic the way you would kind of randomly touch someone that you have a crush on. But, wait, it is even more precious with the lyrics. Basically what the chorus says about the dance is, "It's called 'Tuca Tuca'--I made it up myself so that I could tell you that I like you!" ISN'T THAT THE CUTEST SWEETEST MOST ADORABLE THING EVER?! I obviously think so. Watch Raffaella sing/dance "Tuca Tuca," and see for yourself!



Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment