Monday, November 2, 2009

The Honeydrips

I've been trying to finish up a post about another Sincerely Yours band for awhile now, but I thought writing this post would be easier.



I've loved The Honeydrips since I first heard the song "(Lack of) Love Will Tear Us Apart" because it really is that good. I am prone to playing one song over and over if I like it, which annoys a lot of people. I can't help it. According to iTunes, I've already played it 24 times just today. Sick.

The Honeydrips is Mikael Carlsson's solo project. That first song I heard by him has Hanna on vocals and that's part of why I like it so much. The album Here Comes the Future was released in 2007. That's forever ago! I didn't find it until sometime early last year. He's on Gothenburg's Sincerely Yours label, which most people know of because of TTA or Air France. Sometimes, I think I might like the Honeydrips better, seriously.

I've seen this album described as a little St. Etienne and a little like the Field Mice. But it is just so perfect for listening to all the time that I love it. I think that "I Wouldn't Know What to Do" always ends up being my favorite song on the album. I can't help it. I also really like "Wait for the Grief to Come" There's also a song that's not on the album, "Åh Karolin" which I really like. Normally, I have tons to say about the things I post on here. But I really don't know what else to say other than I think you should just go listen to the album. Seriously.

Love, María

1 comment: