Saturday, March 7, 2009

Giada De Laurentiis


I absolutely love Giada De Laurentiis. I know that a lot of people don't, and I've come to the conclusion that they are jealous, because I mean who wouldn't be?!! She is Italian and super-cute and makes delicious food and her husband works for Anthropologie, which means that she probably gets free, adorable clothes to put on her adorable self ALL THE TIME. Additionally, she had a little baby girl recently and because Giada is Italian, that baby is probably about to start speaking Italian and English in the most adorable little baby voice ever. And to top it all off, Giada is adorable-sized! She is TINY, and everyone knows how MarĂ­a and I feel about anything tiny.

All of this perfection and cuteness in one person naturally makes people say that they don't like her for ridiculous reasons like the one that a high-school friend's mom once gave me; she said that she didn't like Giada because of how they would zoom in on her hands when she was chopping things on her show. Generally, this is what I have found to be true: the people who do not like Giada 1) usually are severely lacking in Anthropologie clothing in their wardrobe, and 2) have never even attempted any of Giada's recipies. Last semester, when I had an apartment and kitchen in Milan, I used to make Giada's peaches stuffed with amaretti cookies for people who did not yet know that they loved her, and they were so delicious that that would always change their minds.

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment