Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Blow

So I know that I have basically abandoned Flower Farm for almost two weeks, but I am back! I got distracted with break-things like sleeping and getting way too used to the summer-like weather we've been having (except for the one day when it rained). I have also been busy listening to a lot of The Blow!


I think I first fell in love with The Blow when I heard "True Affection" around two years ago. I didn't know who the band was, but I remember really liking it, and so when I stumbled upon it a few months ago, I got as much of The Blow as I could! The Blow is Khaela Maricich from Portland, Oregon, and she makes some seriously adorable music.

I have to admit, even though "True Affection" is super cute (just check out the lyrics), "Parentheses" is like a million times cuter. Luckily, both songs are on the album Paper Television. I also really love that "'Come On Petunia'" uses the chorus from The Police's "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," and I really like pretty much every other song on Poor Aim: Love Songs, too.

But seriously, at least go listen to "Parentheses" on her myspace. The cuteness is pretty hard to miss.

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment